Hot Lemon Curd Sauce with Gingerbread Waffles
A sweet, warm lemon glaze tops homemade gingerbread waffles in this simply succulent recipe.
Lemon Curd Sauce
- ½ cup (110 g) unsalted butter
- ½ cup (120 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 5 large eggs
- 1½ cup (335 g) granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt, optional
- Zest of 3 lemons
- Place lemon juice, eggs, sugar, salt and zest into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 5 minutes.
- Reduce speed to Variable 5. Remove lid plug and add butter, one piece at a time, incorporating butter completely between additions. Replace lid plug and increase speed to Variable 10 for 30 seconds.
- Set aside.
- 2 cups (360 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup (120 ml) reduced fat buttermilk
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup (240 ml) molasses
- ½ cup (115 g) unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into pieces
- in a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, ground ginger, ground cloves and salt.
- Place the buttermilk, yolks, egg whites, molasses, and butter into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Blend for 20 seconds or until mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Combine wet with dry ingredients in the bowl, stirring just until blended.
- Bake waffles in preheated, lightly greased waffle baker until done.
|Serving Size||1 serving (142 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||66 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Hot Lemon Curd Sauce with Gingerbread Waffles is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 4 out of 5 by herbeeb from Gingerbread Waffles w Lemon Curd The gingerbread waffles list the ingredients but when it came to the instructions for the wet ingredients, it said to add the buttermilk,molasses, egg yolks, egg whites, and BUTTER. There was no butter in the ingredient list for the waffles! So I knew I had to have some sort of oil/fat in the batter. So since this was in the "liquid" portion, I added 1/4 c melted butter. It worked. But would someone please review the waffle instructions and revise the ingredient list to include the "missing butter"? Thank you
Date published: 2021-03-31