Lemon, Coriander and Green Olive Hummus
- 1 cup (200 g) chickpeas, soaked in water overnight, drained
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small garlic cloves
- ¼ cup (50 g) sesame seeds
- 8 green olives, pitted
- ½ cup (30 g) fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 pinch salt, optional
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Place chickpeas in pan, covered with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 hours or until soft. Drain
- Place chickpeas, fresh lemon juice, oil, garlic, sesame seeds and 2/3 cup (180 ml) water into the Vitamix Container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start the machine, and slowly increase to its highest speed. Use the tamper to press ingredients into the blades.
- Blend for 30 seconds, while machine is running, remove lid plug. Add olives, cilantro, salt, optional and pepper through the lid plug opening. Blend for an additional 10 seconds or until ingredients are finely chopped and well-combined.
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|