Low Fat Alfredo Sauce
Minimum fat, maximum flavor. Perfect for a hurried weeknight, guilt-free, pasta indulgence.
- ½ pound (225 g) fettuccine pasta, uncooked
- ½ cup (120 ml) skim milk
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 Tablespoons reduced fat cream cheese
- 1½ cup (335 g) cottage cheese
- ¾ cup (75 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 4½ teaspoon light butter spread
- 1 dash white pepper
- 2 Tablespoons milk, mixed in 1 Tablespoon potato starch
- Cook fettuccine in boiling water for 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
- Place milk, garlic, flour, cream cheese, cottage cheese, Parmesan, butter, and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 5 minutes. Reduce speed to Variable 4 and remove the lid plug. Add the potato starch mixture through the lid plug opening.
- Blend an additional 30 seconds.
- Pour over cooked fettuccine and toss until coated. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese before serving.
Add leftover grilled chicken and steamed broccoli to the sauce for a quick meal.
|Serving Size||1 serving (with fettuccine)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||51 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Low Fat Alfredo Sauce is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by oreosmeow from Wonderful sauce, with some additions The first time I made this, I made it "by the book" and it was bland. With some changes, though, it's FABulous! I did nothing low-fat - used a splash of heavy cream in the (whole) milk, used ricotta cheese instead of the cottage cheese, and regular cream cheese. For taste, I added a handful of frozen, chopped onion, a couple small cloves of garlic, and Italian seasoning blend. DE-lish! I tend to overblend it, though, so it's REALLY thick and I need to add some additional milk and microwave it quickly (low power) to warm that up. I usually add cooked peas and crumbled bacon to make it something like a carbonara sauce (yum) and last night, I added diced salame for a nice change. It's also delicious with cooked chicken. This is a real go-to recipe for me!
Date published: 2017-01-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by AliS from Quick Alfredo! I just made this sauce, it is excellent! The cream cheese adds a velvety texture to the skim milk/ cottage cheese combo. I even used reduced fat -low sodium cottage cheese. I went to the store to buy the potato starch.... after reading about it, I'm glad I did. I also used black pepper because I'm not a fan of white pepper. I followed the times and mixing directions exactly. It was the easiest white sauce I have ever made. This is a must try.
Date published: 2016-01-17
Rated 3 out of 5 by SueB from So so My family didn't care too much for this version of alfredo sauce. Had a chalky texture.
Date published: 2016-12-04