Macadamia & Cashew Garlic & Herb Cheese Spread
This fresh garlic herbed cheese can be used in many ways - spread it on crackers, use it as a dip, dollop it on salads or use it as your cheese layer in a lasagna.
- 2½ cup (280 g) raw cashews
- ½ cup (70 g) raw macadamia nuts
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- ½ lemon, peeled, fruit only
- 3 Tablespoons (15 g) nutritional yeast
- ½ (20 g) shallot, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 10 stalks fresh chives, 2" (5cm) pieces
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, stems removed
- 2 Tablespoons fresh dill leaves
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- With a peeler or paring knife, remove the peel and white pith from the fruit, leaving just the flesh.
- Place cashews, macadamia nuts, water, lemon and nutritional yeast into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 45 seconds to 1 minute or until smooth, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades as necessary.
- Start the machine on its lowest speed. Remove lid plug and add in herbs, shallot and garlic. Blend for 5-10 seconds until ingredients are finely chopped.
|Serving Size||1 serving (28 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Macadamia & Cashew Garlic & Herb Cheese Spread is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jean T from Great Vegan Treat! This all comes together much easier than I expected- I assumed I would need to use my tamper but there's enough water that it blends smoothly on its own. I subbed sunflower seeds instead of macadamia nuts and added fresh lemon zest- it was a delightful vegan spread for a sandwich or crackers!
Date published: 2020-07-01
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page