Mango Sauce for Chicken
Mango and orange give this sauce a terrific Hawaiian flavor. Garnish chicken with a ring of pineapple for a beautiful presentation.
- 12 ounces (340 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, uncooked
- ¼ cup (35 g) green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup (120 ml) low sodium chicken broth
- 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted, divided use
- 1 orange, peeled, halved
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger root
- Pound chicken breasts to ¼-inch (0.6 cm) thick. Sauté chicken with green peppers in olive oil. Remove saucepan from heat and keep warm.
- To make the sauce, place chicken stock, one mango, orange, and ginger into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan with the chicken and green pepper. Simmer for 5-8 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Cube remaining mango, add to sauce and take off heat.
Serve over rice.
|Serving Size||½ cup (120 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||23 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
Mango Sauce for Chicken is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 2 out of 5 by jandjeanninr from Tasted a little bland It tasted like it was missing something. Next time I might use only one mango instead of two, and maybe add some sweet pineapple.
Date published: 2017-07-05