Make any meal special with this traditional sauce featuring a hint of chocolate.
- 1 pound (455 g) pork or beef lard
- 8 small garlic cloves, peeled, smashed
- 2 Tablespoons medium onion, peeled, diced
- 1½ cup (215 g) sesame seeds
- ½ cup (50 g) slivered almonds
- ½ cup (80 g) unsalted peanuts
- 1 dried chipotle chili, stemmed
- 6 dried mulato chilies, stemmed
- 3 dried Ancho chilies, stemmed
- 3 dried pasilla chilis, stemmed
- 1 cup (185 g) raisins
- 1 circular disk Abuelitas dark chocolate
- 1 tomato, quartered
- 9½ cup (2.25 l) chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon dried avocado leaf
- In a large stock pot, heat lard over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onion and lightly brown, approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Add sesame seeds, almonds, and peanuts and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the chilies and stir to coat in hot mixture. Keep stirring the chilies until they give off a fragrant toasted aroma.
- Add the tomato, chicken stock and remaining ingredients.
- Simmer over medium heat for 1 ½ to 2 hours stirring occasionally. Cool for 25-30 minutes.
- Working in batches, carefully ladle 4 cups (960 ml) of cooked mixture into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then High.
- Blend for 1 minute. Pour into a storage container.
- Repeat the process for the remaining cooked mole mixture and add together. Season accordingly.
|Serving Size||¼ cup (60 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|