Peach Soy Sherbet
Frozen peaches and soy milk create a smooth, creamy sherbet that satisfies any sweet tooth.
- 1½ cup (360 ml) soy milk, plain unsweetened
- 4 (30 g) pitted dates, or honey, to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- 1½ pound (680 g) frozen peach slices
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form. Stop the machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.
Blending frozen fruit makes a delicious creamy texture in seconds.
|Serving Size||1 serving (85 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
Peach Soy Sherbet is rated out of 5 by 5.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Neonleon from So Good, So Easy, So Fast I am off milk, and miss ice cream. Last year, I bought an ice cream maker. What a hassle! This recipe was so fast, so easy and so good. The Vitamix mixed it well with just a full push of the tamper. And, there were only two stuck together peaces that would not blend, so next time I will check the slices before I dump them into the container. I going to make this with papaya and blueberry! Vitamix is game changer for me.
Date published: 2020-01-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by John69 from Simple, fast and good I just tried this recipe and am totally sold. I overlooked the 25-minute defrost step for the peach slices, but it still turned out well. Was able to defrost the initial chunky batch and blend a smoother finished sherbet. Add slivered almonds for extra flavor and crunch. Will definitely try this with other fruits and Splenda to get the calorie content down.
Date published: 2016-07-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by Stevejr from Simple, yet delicous Such a simple recipe to make. Great texture, not overly sweet. Get to enjoy ice cream without preserves or artificial ingredients. Will make again.
Date published: 2018-04-08
Rated 5 out of 5 by Dave007 from Awesome! Absolutely love it. Will never buy store bought again!
Date published: 2018-11-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by Pallav from Great stuff! I put this mix into my Cuisinart ICE-100 icecream maker, and out came a creamy, smooth but more icecream like frozen dessert. I got my icecream maker as a gift, so love how everything fits into it..
Date published: 2019-07-21