Peanut Blossom Cookies
The perfect peanut butter cookie, dusted with sugar and sealed with a kiss.
- 1¼ cup (150 g) whole wheat flour
- ½ cup (60 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (130 g) peanut butter
- ⅓ cup (65 g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (110 g) brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup (55 g) butter spread
- ¼ cup (55 g) Butter, softened
- ¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar, for dusting
- 22 chocolate candy kisses
- Heat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a bowl, stir together the flours, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Place large eggs, vanilla, peanut butter, sugars, Earth Balance, and butter into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 40 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Add the mixture to the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir well to incorporate.
- Using a 1 ½-inch-thick (4 cm) scoop, shape dough into round balls. Roll the balls into ¼ cup (50g) of sugar, and place 2 inches (5 cm) apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until very light golden brown. Immediately press 1 chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Remove to cooling racks.
|Serving Size||1 cookie|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||21 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|