This homemade pesto is full of color and flavor, and is delicious over pasta, chicken, or fresh steamed veggies.
- 1 cup (240 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (100 g) soy parmesan, or parmesan cheese
- 6 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 cups (160 g) fresh basil leaves
- ⅓ cup (50 g) pine nuts
- 1 pinch salt, optional
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients except salt and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to Variable 7. Blend for 30 seconds.
Recipe yields enough sauce to coat 1 pound (454g) of pasta.
|Serving Size||1 serving (46 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|