With creamy cheese sauce and cornflake topping, this potato casserole is a potluck goner!
- 8 small russet potatoes, unpeeled, quartered
- 1 cup (115 g) medium onion, chopped
- ¼ cup (55 g) butter spread
- 2 cups (480 g) sour cream
- 10½ fluidounce (315 ml) low fat cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (115 g) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (120 g) Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) salt, optional
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups (55 g) corn flake cereal, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Spray a 9-inch X 13-inch (22.5 cm X 32.5 cm) baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place half of the potatoes, onion, and water into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5.
- Blend for 10 seconds or until potatoes are chopped. Pour into a colander, rinse and drain.
- Repeat with second half of potatoes.
- Place butter spread, sour cream, chicken soup, cheeses, salt, and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4.
- Blend for 10 seconds or until mixed.
- Place potatoes and sauce in a large-size mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. Spoon into baking dish.
- Press corn flake cereal over top of casserole. Bake uncovered for 60 minutes.
For recipe variation, add 1 cup (140 g) chopped ham pieces.
|Serving Size||1 cup (240 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||38 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
Potato Casserole is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 4 out of 5 by SheilaH from Company fav! I prefer cream of celery soup, goes with a larger variety of dishes. A little fuztier than buying a bag of frozen hash browns but worth it! Be sure to use russet potatoes, firmer consistency. Nice balance of flavors, a bit different from my old recipe.
Date published: 2019-09-26
Rated 1 out of 5 by Penny B from Missing ingredient? On step 2 of the Potato Casserole recipe it says to add the water, but no water is listed in the ingredients???????
Date published: 2020-07-20