Brighten the flavor of these brownies with more spice, fresh ginger, or orange zest and top with powdered sugar or your favorite icing.
- 4 large eggs
- 15 dried dates, pitted
- 1 cup (255 g) unsweetened applesauce
- 15 ounces (425 g) pumpkin
- 2 cups (240 g) whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- powdered sugar
- Place eggs, dates, applesauce and pumpkin into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute using tamper if needed.
- Pour mixture into stainless bowl and mix in dry ingredients.
- Transfer mixture to a greased 10-inch X 15-inch (25 cm x 38 cm) non-stick cake pan
- Bake brownies for 30 minutes in a 350°F (180°C) oven, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- To serve cut brownies and sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
These brownies are a great lower calorie alternative to the traditional brownie. Add more spices, fresh ginger or orange zest to brighten the brownies up more.
|Serving Size||1 brownie|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|