Red Cabbage Coleslaw
A simple vinaigrette of oil, vinegar, mustard seed, celery seed, and sugar pairs effortlessly with the combination of fresh vegetables in this coleslaw recipe.
- ½ cup (120 ml) olive oil
- ½ cup (120 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 Tablespoon celery seed
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 head red cabbage
- 1 other (160 g) sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled, grated
- 2 cups (115 g) fresh chives, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place oil, vinegar, mustard seed, celery seed, and sugar into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- Combine cabbage, onion, carrots, and chives in a bowl. Pour blended vinaigrette over the salad and toss to combine.
Quickly wet chop the cabbage in a few seconds with your Vitamix blender. Adjust the salad’s flavor profile by substituting another vinegar for the apple cider.
|Serving Size||2 ounces (55 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|