Red Pepper Crab Soup
A restaurant-quality soup prepared in just minutes.
- 6 (850 g) red bell peppers
- 1½ (120 g) medium carrots, halved
- ½ (125 g) medium onion, halved
- 1 (70 g) celery stalk
- 1 sprig fresh thyme leaves
- 4 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups (960 ml) chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 pound (454 kg) lump crabmeat, to garnish
- Roast peppers over a gas flame until charred on all sides. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap for 20 minutes. Peel off skin and remove seeds.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place carrots, onions, celery, fresh thyme leaves, and garlic on a baking sheet; drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Place stock, roasted red peppers, roasted mix, and 2 teaspoons seasoning into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Hot Soup program.
- Switch machine to Start and allow machine to complete programmed cycle.
- Garnish with lump crab meat that has been coated in 2 teaspoons new bay seasoning.
For a non-dairy alternative, substitute soy milk for low fat or skim milk.
|Serving Size||1 serving (364 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
Red Pepper Crab Soup is rated out of 5 by 9.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Karol from Amazing with a few tweaks I just received my Vitamix today and wanted to try a savory soup first. I tweaked this recipe by adding garlic and white wine while sauteed the onions. When adding the crab, I also added some homemade roasted red bell peppers to add some texture to the soup. To finish it at serving time, I added Lawry's course garlic salt with parsley and some fresh cracked white pepper to season and sprinkled some parmesan on top....absolutely amazing!!!!!
Date published: 2017-11-11
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ed M from Amazing soup East to make and a genuine gourmet taste at home. As good as any restaurant soup, anywhere. Highly recommended with or without crab added.
Date published: 2016-02-02
Rated 4 out of 5 by Dared from Easy and Tasty I havent used my vitamix for soups yet, so i thought i finally should. and we loved this. easy to make, and was surprisingly tasty. better then i was expecting!
Date published: 2016-05-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by DiannaO from Best soup First time i made soup in my vitamix. It was excellent
Date published: 2018-01-01
Rated 2 out of 5 by Ed M from Fantastic gourmet taste Great taste, simple to make. One of the best. Nice pepper taste along with the crab. It would be just as good without or another seafood.
Date published: 2016-02-02
Rated 4 out of 5 by Shertel from Yummy Unfortunately I missed the "roasted" red peppers. I used raw and this made it less flavorful. It would be nice if it said in the instructions to roast the red peppers. Just like it said to sautee the onions. Overall great though.
Date published: 2019-01-03
Rated 1 out of 5 by Vitamixer TJ from Not good. Didn't care for this at all. It's hard to make anything with crab not good, but the soup was sort of sweet, just not very good.
Date published: 2018-05-03
Rated 1 out of 5 by Maje from Not appetizing! The Red Pepper Crab Soup was not appetizing. Actually following the directions it tasted very bland. Even after tweeking the recipe the only way I could bring taste to it was adding a good white wine in it.
Date published: 2021-02-18
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page