This versatile gluten-free recipe can be used in many ways, in place of a pizza crust, for open faced falafel, or anything similar.
- 1 cup (135 g) chickpea flour
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) extra virgin olive oil, optional
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Place a lightly greased 12" (31cm) cast iron skillet in the oven.
- Place chickpea flour, water, olive oil, and sea salt, optional into the Food Processing Work Bowl fitted with the Multi-Use Blade and secure the lid. Start machine and allow to process for 15 seconds, or set timer and allow machine to complete programmed cycle.
- Remove the batter to a small bowl and let sit for 30 minutes to thicken and allow the chickpea flour to soak up the water.
- Once 30 minutes has passed, carefully remove the cast iron skillet from the oven and pour the batter into the prepared pan. Place back into the oven for approximately 15 minutes. Let cool slightly and use a spatula to remove it to a plate. Top as desired.
Multiple batches of batter can be made at a time if you have multiple cast iron skillets.
|Serving Size||1 servings (181 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|