Spicy Tomato Sauce
With cream cheese and jalapeño, this creamy sauce is beautiful over pasta or plated as a bed for chicken or beef. For a milder sauce, remove seeds and membrane of the jalapeño.
- 12 (265 g) medium roma tomatoes
- ⅓ cup (90 ml) tomato paste
- ⅓ Tablespoon (90 ml) Cashew Cream
- 1½ teaspoon salt, optional
- 1½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 small jalapeño, seeded, halved
- 1½ teaspoon dried basil
- 3 small garlic cloves
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Blend for 1 minute
- Pour into saucepan and simmer for 30 minutes.
|Serving Size||1 serving (66 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|