20% Off Your EatLove Membership. EatLove provides custom Dietitian-approved meal plans created with your unique health goals and dietary preferences in mind. Get Started
Spicy Tomato Sauce
With cream cheese and jalapeño, this creamy sauce is beautiful over pasta or plated as a bed for chicken or beef. For a milder sauce, remove seeds and membrane of the jalapeño.
- 4 Roma tomato, quartered
- 3 Tablespoons (45 g) tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons reduced fat cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ jalapeño
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- Blend for 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Pour into saucepan and simmer for 30 minutes.
For extra spicy, leave a few jalapeño seeds in pepper.
|Serving Size||¼ cup (60 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|