Create your own fresh strawberry syrup, perfect for homemade ice cream, pancakes, crepes, or waffles.
- 2 cups (300 g) strawberries
- 6 (90 g) Medjool dates, pitted
- ¾ cup (180 ml) water
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 1 minute or until consistency is smooth.
- Pour into a medium sauce pot and simmer over medium heat for approximately 15 minutes, or until reduced by ⅓.
- Turn heat off and let cool for 10 minutes before pouring into a container, then place into refrigerator.
This recipe may be doubled in a 64 oz. container for extra syrup.
|Serving Size||1 servings (33 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Strawberry Syrup is rated out of 5 by 4.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jojo2019 from The Best Syrup I made the Strawberry Syrup. It is awesome over pancakes and ice cream. I also made Blueberry Syrup which is awesome as well.
Date published: 2020-02-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by Midwest from Loved this recipe Quick and easy. I cut recipe in half and it was plenty for the two of us. This is a keeper.
Date published: 2020-07-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by Stace2222 from No sugar I love that the recipe don’t call for sugar. My kids would love it with pancakes or ice cream
Date published: 2020-08-07
Rated 4 out of 5 by ssand from Not sweet enough.. While good, I added some honey as it wasn't sweet enough for me. Also, added some red food coloring as the dates kinda made it darker than I like it. Other than that, it was super easy to make, and nutritious!
Date published: 2020-08-15