Stress-Free Turkey Gravy
With the help of your Vitamix, create a turkey gravy that’s so easy to make, you’ll have more time to enjoy your holiday meal.
- ⅓ cup (75 g) unsalted butter
- ½ cup (60 g) all-purpose flour
- 4 cups (960 ml) turkey broth
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Make a roux in a medium skillet by melting the butter over medium heat and gradually whisking in the flour.
- Cook, stirring constantly, just until golden brown and aromatic. Transfer roux to a plate and allow to cool completely in the refrigerator.
- In a small saucepan, combine the broth, bouillon, thyme, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Heat to a gentle simmer, about 200°F (90°C), then remove bay leaf.
- Remove from heat and carefully transfer mixture and the roux into the Vitamix container.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10.
- Blend for 20 seconds.
- Serve immediately.
|Serving Size||¼ cup (60 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||3.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|