Sweet Potato Drop Biscuits
A light and satisfying biscuit, perfect for pairing with homemade Honey Butter.
- 2 cups (310 g) all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup (55 g) light brown sugar, packed
- ⅔ cup (160 ml) skim milk
- 3 Tablespoons (45 g) Butter, cut into pieces
- ½ cup (165 g) sweet potatoes, cooked, mashed
- ⅓ cup (85 g) low fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
- Line a baking sheet with silpat or parchment paper.
- Place flour, baking powder, salt, and 3 Tablespoons (40 g) brown sugar in a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir by hand to combine.
- Place milk, butter, sweet potato, and sour cream into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- Blend for 20 seconds until well blended.
- Pour into bowl containing dry ingredients and gently stir mixture by hand just until combined.
- Drop the batter by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet, making 12-14 biscuits.
- Bake 15-25 minutes or until golden and done.
Note: If using the bottom rack of the oven, insulate your baking sheet so the bottom of the biscuits won't burn by using two baking sheets, one on the top of the other and only lining the top one with silpat or parchment paper.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||24 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||41 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|