Sweet Potato Pancake
Use this pancake as a sandwich or gyro wrap or top with sautéed vegetables.
- 5 large eggs
- 1 (278 g) sweet potato, baked, peeled
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) salt, optional
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1½ cup (150 g) almond flour
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil
- Place eggs, sweet potato, water, salt and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- While blender is running remove lid plug and slowly add flour through opening.
- Blend for 45 seconds using tamper if needed.
- Pour mixture into stainless bowl
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat with ½ teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Using a ladle pour 2 portions of batter into heated skillet.
- Using a spatula spread the mixture into about a 6-inch (15 cm) round flatbread.
- Allow to cook on this side about 2 minutes and then flip.
- Cook another 2 minutes and then place on baking sheet to cool.
This pancake is great to use as a sandwich wrap, gyro wrap or just to top with sautéed vegetables.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
Sweet Potato Flatbread is rated out of 5 by 6.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Leelu1 from Great tasting pancakes This is a great pancake (not flatbread) recipe. My picky eater son asked for more multiple times during his meal and requested them as snack tomorrow. I love that this recipe is so simple, healthy, gluten free, and still taste so good! To the reviewer who found the pancakes dry, I found that using the weight measurement for the ingredients worked well. So instead of using 1.5 cups of almond flour, I used 150g of whole almonds (which only measured to 1 cup, not 1.5 cups) to make my own almond flour in the vitamix. I had also steamed my sweet potato (~150g) instead of baking. I will definitely be making this recipe again with the changes I noted here.
Date published: 2018-10-19
Rated 2 out of 5 by dutchman2011 from Tastes good, turns out PANCAKE Easy recipe to make, but impossible to make pretty! They are good as SWEET POTATO PANCAKES, but do not expect them to turn out like nice wrappable flatbreads.
Date published: 2017-01-17
Rated 1 out of 5 by Lisa 12 from Not a batter Easy recipe but very dry....great flavor though. I’m not sure hoe to make it better!
Date published: 2018-01-06
Rated 3 out of 5 by DennyL from Difficult to cook Tried to make a vegetable wrap. Flat bread needs to be flat. Taste was good but very sticky and hard to spread in the pan.
Date published: 2019-09-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by catherine21 from Nice way to start the day Easy and I make a batch, freeze and use of a morning
Date published: 2019-10-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jerseypeach from Question Question?? How can this be vegan if you are using eggs?
Date published: 2020-03-14