Tomato Basil Pesto
With tomatoes, almonds, and spinach, this sauce puts a unique spin on classic pesto and makes a great topping for fresh-cooked pasta.
- ½ cup (120 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large (730 g) tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup (20 g) fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup (15 g) fresh spinach
- 6 small garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 cup (145 g) blanched almonds
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Place olive oil, half of tomatoes, basil, fresh spinach, garlic, salt, almonds, and black pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Blend for 10-15 seconds. Stop machine and remove lid.
- Add in remaining tomatoes and secure lid. Select Variable 4.
- Pulse 10-15 times using the tamper to press the ingredients towards the blades.
|Serving Size||1 serving (66 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|