Whole Wheat Waffles
These light, fluffy waffles come together quickly for a weekend family breakfast. Serve with your favorite fresh fruit syrup.
- 1 cup (120 g) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (125 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) salt, optional
- 2 cups (480 ml) vanilla soy milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tablespoons honey, or other sweetener, to taste
- 4 ounces (110 g) soft tofu
- Combine flours, baking powder, and salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place milk, eggs, sugar, and tofu into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 20 seconds.
- Reduce speed to Variable 4 and remove the lid plug.
- Add the flour mixture slowly through the lid plug opening and blend an additional 10 seconds until incorporated.
- Let batter sit 5-10 minutes before cooking to yield best texture and flavour.
|Serving Size||1 waffle|
|Amount Per Servings|
Whole Wheat Waffles is rated out of 5 by 5.
Rated 5 out of 5 by PrettyCyn from Solid Recipe! This recipe was so intriguing (what a great use of tofu). My family of 6 LOVED them and they were delicious with just a little butter and syrup. Fresh fruit would have been yummy too. I added vanilla extract and used unsweetened and unflavored soymilk.
Date published: 2019-07-16
Rated 3 out of 5 by whosaid from Waffles are fine, but ... There's NO such thing as SOY MILK. Only mammals give milk. What you get from squeezed soy beans is a white liquid. (I'm not saying that some people aren't allergic to real milk and need the plant secretion for the vitamins and/or minerals). It's time we named the product correctly. For these waffles, I used half and half milk and they were delicious.
Date published: 2019-05-01
Rated 5 out of 5 by katiekip9999 from love it Vitamix is the best blender hands down and great food ideas!
Date published: 2021-01-22
Rated 4 out of 5 by Soso from Taste and texture Those waffles have a great texture, I will try to put some blueberries to improve the taste.
Date published: 2020-08-01
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sunhui from Great! I is so yummy and easy to make. It is also health. I am trying for my kids
Date published: 2020-06-03