100 Ways to Start Your Whole Story | Browse hand-picked recipes, tips, challenges, and more! Start Your Whole Story
Super Seed Butter
This allergy-friendly version of a classic nut butter uses seeds to achieve a unique and satisfying flavor.
- ½ cup (120 ml) water
- 1½ cup (240 g) pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup (90 g) hemp seeds
- ½ cup (85 g) sunflower seeds
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 piece (5 g) fresh ginger root
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place all ingredients into the Food Processor Work Bowl fitted with the Multi-Use Blade and secure lid.
- Start the machine and process for 1 minute, or set timer and allow machine to complete programmed cycle.
- After 1 minute, stop the machine, remove lid and scrape the sides of the container. Secure the lid and process for an additional 30 seconds or until desired consistency is achieved.
Recipe adapted from Desiree Nielsen.
|Serving Size||1 serving (60 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|