A crisp, well-adorned salad is a wonderful accompaniment to the rich holiday dishes that grace our tables this time of year, and can become as much a tradition as the turkey or cranberry sauce. Highlight your greens with a beautiful Vitamix dressing, created by our corporate chef, Bev Shaffer, to make this course a memorable one.
10 homemade salad dressing recipes:
- The Greek Style Vinaigrette,with its tangy feta, fresh basil, and olives, complements salads that feature greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, or olives.
- Parmesan Balsamic Vinaigrette adds a tart and tangy note with intriguing cheese overtones. It’s delicious over a bed of greens and veggies, or pasta salad topped with tomatoes, diced Mozzarella, and fresh basil.
- For a salad featuring fruit or nuts, Creamy Raspberry Dressing showcases Greek yogurt and fresh raspberries.
- Strawberry Vinaigrette, perfect for a spinach, almond, and strawberry salad, blends citrus, fresh herbs, and strawberries for a flavor so lively, you’ll never miss the oil.
- Sweet and hot mingle to perfection in the Spicy Honey Vinaigrette, making it stand out on salads, as well as grilled meats and vegetables. Blended Asian notes of Sriracha sauce, soy sauce, and fresh ginger root make it delicious on stir-fry for a simple, post-holiday meal.
- Take your salad in a Southwestern direction with tart and smoky Maple Chipotle Vinaigrette. It’s delicious not only for a holiday meal, but also drizzled over a pork tenderloin salad with assertive greens like arugula and topped with roasted, salted nuts.
- For an For an all-inclusive salad recipe, try Chef Kathy Casey’s Endive Salad with Roasted Pears, Hazelnuts, Blue Cheese & Dish D’Lish Cranberry Vinaigrette, her signature salad served in her Dish D’Lish cafes.
- Caesar Salad Dressing: A classic dressing with tangy flavors and creamy consistency made without preservatives.
- A savory blend of ginger, cilantro, and scallion in this Ginger Citrus Salad Dressing combine with peanut oil and citrus fruits to create a classic Asian salad dressing for marinade.
- Try the Balsamic Citrus Dressing for a light dressing that is delicious when tossed with mandarin oranges and Chinese noodles, or even used as a marinade for chicken.