This is the perfect recipe for a cool fall day. Substitute pears or peaches for the apples to make this a dish that can be enjoyed throughout many seasons.
- 28 ounces (790 g) apple, cut into 8 wedges and cored
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons (20 g) cornstarch
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (145 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (200 g) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup (90 g) rolled oats
- ½ cup (113 g) butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9 x 9-inch (23 x 23-cm) pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the apples, water, vanilla, cornstarch, and sugar in the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 6 and remove the lid plug. Insert the tamper and begin Pulsing. Pulse 10 to 12 times, or until the apples are roughly chopped.
- Place the apple mixture in a saucepot over medium-high heat, and cook for 5 minutes, or until the mixture is thickened. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Rinse the container. Add the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, oats, and butter. Secure the lid, remove the lid plus, and insert the tamper.
- Select Variable 6 and Pulse 8 times. Remove the lid and scrape the sides.
- Secure the lid, select Variable 6, and Pulse 6 to 8 times, or until evenly combined.
- Press half the oat mixture evenly into the pan and up the sides. Pour in the cooled apple mixture. Crumble the remaining oat mixture evenly over the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until golden brown. Serve warm.
|Serving Size||1 slice|
|Amount Per Servings|
Apple Crisp is rated out of 5 by 6.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anna 1 from I love Apple Crisp I don't see how the recipe could be any easier. I can't wait to program into my Perfect Blend app.
Date published: 2019-07-24
Rated 5 out of 5 by BENCOSME GOLD from Yes! Favorite of all time! This blender has changed my perspective on blenders forever, not only can I actually use it to blend what ever I desire, now I can do my favorite desssert? Yes, Yes!
Date published: 2019-11-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by Janicee from So Good! This was so easy to make and tastes so good! You need to try!
Date published: 2020-09-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by Cpawelski from Super Easy! This was an easy recipe to follow and the outcome was superb!
Date published: 2020-08-18
Rated 5 out of 5 by vitamixuser4 from Another option for mixing up crumb toppings I usually do crumb toppings either by hand (with a fork or a pastry blender) or in a food processor, but the Vitamix (esp with the low profile, wide base container) doesn't do a bad job either.
Date published: 2020-12-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by katiekip9999 from love it Vitamix is the best blender hands down and great food ideas!
Date published: 2021-01-22