Broccoli Almond Stir-Fry
This sweet and sour Asain stir-fry makes a quick and easy weeknight meal.
For the Sauce
- ¼ cup (60 ml) light soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) no salt vegetable stock , or chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons (16 g) cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) cooking sherry
- 1 date, pitted, or 1 teaspoon honey, optional
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- To make sauce, place soy sauce, chicken stock, cornstarch, sherry, sugar, and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase its highest speed.
- Blend for 10 seconds or until well blended. Set aside.
For the Stir fry
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) extra virgin olive oil, optional
- 1 cup (90 g) broccoli florets
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 cup (110 g) medium carrots, grated
- 1 (120 g) celery stalk, chopped
- 1 (150 g) large red bell pepper, chopped
- 5 (100 g) green onion, sliced
- 1 cup (170 g) mushrooms
- ¼ cup (50 g) slivered almonds
- Stir-fry broccoli florets with olive oil, and cook for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add remaining vegetables and almonds and cook until tender.
- Pour sauce over stir-fry and cook until thickened.
Serve over brown rice or your favorite noodles. To thicken corn starch the liquid needs to come to a boil.
|Serving Size||1 serving (664 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|