Broccoli and Lemon Pate
This is a wonderfully easy vegan pate recipe which makes the most of each ingredient; it uses up the often wasted broccoli stem and leek greens and also uses both the zest and juice of the lemon. Perfect for spreading on sourdough or even stirred through pasta.
- 2 (600 g) medium heads broccoli, stems and florets sliced
- 2 (180 g) small leeks, sliced, washed well
- 2 lemon, zested, juiced
- 6 sprig fresh thyme leaves, leaves only
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, optional
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place the broccoli and leeks into a large bowl. Zest the lemon over the vegetables, then cut the lemon in halve and squeeze the juice onto the vegetables. Add the fresh thyme leaves, garlic clove, salt, pepper and drizzle the olive oil over the vegetables, tossing well to combine.
- Place mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and cover tray tightly with aluminum foil. Bake for 30-45 minutes or until vegetables are very soft.
- Place the vegetable mixture into the Vitamix container and secure the lid. Start the blender on its lowest speed and increase to Variable 3. Blend for 30-45 seconds, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
Adjust seasoning to your liking by adding more lemon, salt, pepper or your favorite hot sauce. Serve on toasted artisan bread with toasted almonds and poppy seeds.
|Serving Size||1 serving (24 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page