Café de Olla
Enjoy this sweet dessert coffee, steeped with Mexican cinnamon and piloncillo.
- 3½ cup (840 ml) water
- ½ stick Mexican cinnamon
- 200 g piloncillo
- 2 Tablespoons ground coffee beans
- Place water, cinnamon and piloncillo into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Switch machine to start and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 6 minutes, or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Carefully transfer blended mixture into a saucepan and place over low heat. Add coffee grounds and allow to steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain coffee into mugs and serve.
|Serving Size||1 serving (300 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Café de Olla is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 4 out of 5 by WhatsShaken from Perfect for a snowy day! My girlfriend and I both LOVE everything sweet. This hits home perfectly for us. That said, even for us, it is SWEET. Perfect for her, a little too cloying for me. However, the heat from the cinnamon, and the warm molasses notes from the sugar are a perfect pair. I used 28g of fresh ground coffee from the shop next door to my apartment. NOTE: I subbed in Demerara sugar. Not sure if it changes the original too much.
Date published: 2021-02-15