Carrot Cake Loaf Bread
This can be made into a loaf bread, or if desired, baked into a cake.
- 3 Tablespoon (300 g) medium carrots, washed, ends trimmed
- ¾ cup (130 g) golden raisins
- 1 cup (245 g) unsweetened applesauce
- ¾ cup (180 ml) date syrup
- ¼ cup (55 g) vegan margarine
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons (13 g) flax meal
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups (305 g) all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 5 1/2" x 9 1/2" (14x24cm) loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Assemble Food Processor with Large Shredding Disc and secure the lid. Start the machine. Feed the carrots through the Small Food Chute opening, using the Small Food Pusher to assist pushing them through. Remove carrots to a large bowl and add the golden raisins. Stir to combine.
- Place applesauce, date syrup, margarine, flax meal, cinnamon, and vanilla in Food Processor Work Bowl fitted with the Multi-Use Blade and secure lid.
- Start machine and process for 30 seconds, or set timer for 30 seconds and allow machine to complete the programmed cycle.
- Add in the gluten-free flour, baking powder and baking soda to the food processor bowl. Pulse 6-8 times to incorporate.
- Pour batter over top of mixed carrots and raisins, and stir to combine. Once combined, pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake in preheated oven for 60-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool slightly, remove from loaf pan and finish cooling on a wire rack.
Not all gluten free flours are made equal, if not using the Vitamix.com recipe, measure using the gram weight of the flour.