Cherry Chocolate Date Pie
Simple recipe bringing dates and cherries together to make a delicious pie filling that is sure to please.
- 18 (275 g) dates, pitted
- 5 cups (685 g) frozen dark sweet cherries
- 3 Tablespoons (36 g) cornstarch
- 1 cup (180 g) 60% dark chocolate chips, or cocoa nibs
- 1 flaky pastry dough
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare pie dough by rolling out and fitting into a 10-inch pie pan. Set aside.
- Place dates in a microwave safe bowl and cover with water. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Drain and reserve 1 cup of date water.
- Place 1 cup of date water and dates into the Food Processor Work Bowl fitted with the Multi-Use Blade and secure lid. Start the machine and allow it to process for 45 seconds, or set timer for 45 seconds and allow machine to complete programmed cycle.
- Add cherries, cornstarch and dark chocolate to the date mixture. Pulse 6-8 times to bring ingredients together.
- Pour pie filling into prepared pie pan and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Chill completely and serve.
This filling can be used in tart shells, double crust, lattice crust, or however you prefer. Chocolate may be omitted if desired.
|Serving Size||1 serving (203 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|