Glutinous Rice Cake
Easily grind nuts and make a sticky batter in your Vitamix machine to create these treats.
- 12 dried red dates, pitted
- ¼ cup (30 g) walnuts, toasted
- 1½ cup (400 ml) coconut milk
- 3 Tablespoons (40 g) granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2¼ cup (340 g) glutinous rice powder, plus extra for dusting
- Add the dates and walnuts into the Vitamix container and secure the lid. Select Variable 5.
- Pulse 5 to 10 times or until you have reached your desired consistency. Set aside.
- Place the milk, sugar, oil, and rice powder into the Vitamix container in the order listed andsecure the lid. Select Variable 1, start the machine, and increase to its highest speed. Blendfor 30 seconds, using the tamper to push the ingredients toward the blades. Pour the nutsand dates into the batter and stir to combine.
- Scrape the batter into a 9 x 9 inch (23 x 23cm) microwave-safe dish. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Poke multiple holes into the wrap. Microwave on low power for 8 minutes. To testdoneness, poke with a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean, it is ready. Cool to roomtemperature, then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place 2 Tablespoons (10g) of glutinous rice powder into a small pan and toast over low heatuntil fragrant. Slice the cake into squares and coat the cakes with the toasted rice powder toprevent sticking.
Microwaves cook differently, so be sure to test a few spots in the cake to make sure it is done. This is a tough blend and a thick batter.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|