Homemade Fruit Roll-ups
This simple and healthy snack is made from just fresh fruit.
- 1¾ pound (845 g) strawberries, stems removed
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Line two half sheet trays with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray.
- Place all ingredients into an appropriately sized container. Submerge the immersion blender below the surface of the liquid, or as close to the ingredients as possible.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Move the immersion blender around, including up and down, to blend the ingredients for approximately 1 minute or until desired consistency is achieved.
- Spread strawberry puree out thinly and evenly between the two prepared sheet trays. Place in preheated oven and cook for 2 hours, then rotate the trays and cook for an additional 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Remove from oven when dry and allow to cool completely. Cut parchment and dried strawberry into desired sizes, and roll up with parchment attached. Store at room temperature in a dry place.
A 2 pound clamshell of strawberries is perfect for this recipe. The thicker the puree is spread on the trays, the longer it will take to dry out, so be sure to spread it thin. This may also be done with blueberries!