20% Off Your EatLove Membership. EatLove provides custom meal plans from Registered Dietitians, created with your unique health goals and dietary preferences in mind. Get Started
Our version of this Middle-Eastern dip contains chickpeas, garlic, and raw sesame seeds. It's traditionally served with flatbread, but crackers and tortilla chips are great, too.
- 2 cans (900 g) chickpeas, liquid reserved from 1 can
- ¼ cup (35 g) sesame seeds
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Place chickpeas, liquid from 1 can of chickpeas, sesame seeds, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and cumin into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend 1 minute, using the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades.
- Season to taste with salt.
|Serving Size||0.25 cups (60 )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|