Potato Jalapeño Soup
This hearty potato soup is packed with flavor and fiber, and can be adjusted to suit your taste.
- 2 (250 g) small yellow onion, peeled, cut into large chunks
- 3 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 (60 g) medium carrot, ends trimmed, cut into large chunks
- 6 (85 g) jalapeño, or green bell pepper, halved, seeded if desired
- 1 (200 g) medium russet potato, cut into 2" chunks
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, optional
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup (120 ml) cashew milk, or milk of choice
- 2 cups (480 ml) vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place onions, garlic, jalapeños, carrot and potato into a large mixing bowl and drizzle with oil. Mix to coat well and pour onto a parchment-lined sheet tray.
- Roast in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until all vegetables are fork tender. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Add roasted vegetables, seasonings, milk and vegetable stock to the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately.
Green bell pepper can be used in place of jalapeños, however if you seed and remove the membrane from the jalapeños, they should not be spicy after blending.
|Serving Size||1 serving (313 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|