Red Salsa [Vitamix ONE]
A classic tomato blend that can be thrown together in minutes for those teenage invasions and impromptu parties.
- 3 (300 g) large Roma Tomatoes, halved
- ¼ (45 g) medium red onion, halved
- ½ small jalapeño, seeded
- ½ cup (10 g) fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ lime, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- With a peeler or paring knife, remove the peel and white pith from the lime, leaving just the flesh.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Pulse the blender by rapidly turning the dial to its lowest speed setting, then off again. Repeat until desired texture is achieved, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades as necessary. Scrape the sides of the container as needed.
For a thicker salsa, remove the seeds from the tomato so you are just left with the flesh. For a spicier salsa add the seeds of the jalapeno.
|Serving Size||1 serving (28 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|