Roasted Potato & Cabbage Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette
This seasonal dish is packed with flavor from caramelized vegetables and a bold mustard vinaigrette.
Potato Cabbage Salad
- 1 head (400 g) savoy cabbage, cored, cut into 6 wedges
- 2 (400 g) medium russet potatoes, cut into 1" chunks
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the cabbage by slicing in half, then cutting out the core. Slice each half into 3 wedges for a total of 6 wedges.
- Slice potatoes into 1" chunks and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet along with the cabbage.
- Drizzle with olive oil (if using), then season with salt and pepper.
- Place in preheated oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, checking for doneness and rotating to roast for another 10 minutes if necessary.
Creamy Mustard Vinaigrette
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons honey, optional
- 1 1/3 Tablespoons whole grain mustard, or Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- ¼ teaspoon black peppercorns, or ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- 1 Tablespoon raw or roasted cashews
- 1 cup (240 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- While vegetables are roasting, place all vinaigrette ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 10-20 seconds or until ingredients are just combined.
- Once vegetables are done roasting, remove from oven and drizzle with 1 cup (240ml) of vinaigrette. Toss to combine and serve immediately. Refrigerate leftover vinaigrette in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Try topping this salad with freshly chopped dill or parsley to add a nice fresh taste to complement this bold vinaigrette.
- If blending this vinaigrette in the 64-ounce Low-Profile Container, double the ingredients to ensure there is enough for the blades to process smoothly. Any remaining vinaigrette can be stored and used later on salads, as a dip or even a marinade.
|Serving Size||1 serving (136 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|