Roasted Romanesco with Herbed Cashew Cream
A simple combination of cashews, herbs, and water create a savory sauce for these romanesco "steaks." Let the blender make the sauce while you prepare the rest of the dish!
Herbed Cashew Cream
- 2 cups (300 g) roasted cashews
- 2½ cup (600 ml) water
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 sage leaves
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves only, chopped
- ¾ cup (20 g) fresh parsley leaves, about 1/2 bunch
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease a 9x13 roasting dish and set aside.
- Place cashews, water, onion powder, garlic powder, sage, rosemary, parsley, salt (optional), and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed in secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds; or select the Hot Soups program and allow the machine to complete the programmed cycle.
- Once blending is finished, pour about 2 cups (480ml) of the cashew cream mixture into the bottom of the prepared roasting dish. Spread across the bottom of the dish evenly.
- 1 head (454 g) romanesco, or cauliflower or broccoli, cut into 6-8 large steaks
- 1½ cup (320 g) roasted red bell pepper, strips
- ½ cup (65 g) vegan parmesan cheese
- Shingle the steaks on top of the cashew cream (overlapping them slightly is okay.) Drizzle the remaining cashew cream sauce over the steaks, sprinkle the red pepper strips over top, and cover evenly with vegan Parmesan cheese.
- Place into preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until tender. Remove from the oven and cool slightly before serving.
Try this recipe as a main dish, or make smaller florets out of your vegetable and create a delicious side dish that everyone can enjoy. This entrée is bursting with plant protein, healthy omega-3 fats, and other nutrients that will be sure to leave you satisfied.
|Amount Per Servings|