Sun-Dried Tomato Romesco Sauce
Romesco sauce is a wonderful addition to grilled vegetables, pork, or chicken; you could also chill it and toss with pasta for a delicious picnic salad.
- 2 cups (480 ml) water
- ¼ cup (35 g) roasted almonds
- ¼ cup (30 g) walnuts
- 3/4 cups (100 g) sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup (180 g) roasted red pepper
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) sherry vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, optional
- 1 garlic clove
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 45 seconds using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.
Water is used to thin this mixture to a sauce consistency. For a paste or stuffing, omit the water and follow the same steps for a thicker version of this sauce.
|Serving Size||1 serving (123 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|