Baked Rigatoni with Fresh Tomato Sauce
Create this Sunday dinner-worthy casserole made of garden-fresh sauce tossed with rigatoni (or penne, gemelli, or fusilli pasta) and draped with luscious melted cheese, all in well under an hour.
- 9 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 60 g (½ ) small onion, peeled, halved
- 1½ carrots, halved
- 45 g (3 Tablespoons) tomato paste
- 1½ roasted cloves, peeled
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¾ teaspoon dried basil
- ¾ teaspoon lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- 455 g (1 pound) rigatoni, uncooked
- 225 g (2 cups) Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Grease a 13x9-inch (33x23-cm) baking dish and set aside.
- Place tomatoes, onions, carrots, tomato paste, garlic, oregano, basil, lemon juice, brown sugar, and salt into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start machine, slowly increase to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 5 minutes 35 seconds.
- While the sauce is blending, cook the rigatoni according to package instructions. Drain.
- Transfer the rigatoni to the prepared baking dish.
- Top with 4 cups (960 ml) warm tomato sauce and 2 cups of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
|Serving Size||285 ml (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|