Chutney Rice Salad
Mango chutney and fresh ginger marry into a flavourful dressing to drizzle over this sweet and crunchy rice salad.
- 600 g (3 cups) brown rice, cooked
- 125 g (1 cup) apple, seeded, cored, quartered
- 55 g (½ cup) celery, diced
- 40 g (¼ cup) sultanas
- 2 green onions, diced
- To make the salad, place all salad ingredients into a large serving bowl.
- Pour dressing onto salad ingredients and stir gently to coat well.
- 155 g (½ cup) mango chutney
- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons flaked almonds, lightly toasted
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoon fresh ginger root
- Place all the Dressing ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds until ingredients are well mixed.
|Serving Size||120 ml (½ cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||34 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|