Honey Lemon Curd
Tangy, refreshing, and velvety smooth, this lemon curd is perfect served by itself, as a filling for your favorite layered vanilla cake recipe, or atop mini bundt cakes for an elegant afternoon tea.
- 5 large eggs
- 120 ml (½ cup) lemon juice
- Zest of 3 lemons
- 120 ml (½ cup) honey
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon flax meal
- 110 g (½ cup) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Place eggs, lemon juice, zest, honey, salt, and flax into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start machine, slowly increase to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 4 minutes 30 seconds to 5 minutes, or until steam escapes from vented lid and mixture is hot.
- With machine running, reduce speed to Variable 3 and remove lid plug.
- Carefully add the butter through the lid plug opening. Replace lid plug.
- Blend an additional 15 to 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool slightly before serving.
|Serving Size||30 (2 Tablespoons)|
|Amount Per Servings|