Enjoy sweet butterscotch chips in each bite of this crisp oatmeal cookie.
- 2 egg whites
- 55 g (¼ cup) butter spread
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 280 g (1⅓ cup) brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 80 g (1 cup) rolled oats
- 60 g (½ cup) all-purpose flour
- 75 g (½ cup) butterscotch chips
- Heat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place large egg whites, margarine, vanilla, and brown sugar into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 20 seconds.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine baking soda, salt, oats, and flour.
- Stir together the liquid from the Vitamix container into the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl. Add the butterscotch chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough about 2 inches (5 cm) apart on a cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick spray. Flatten each cookie a little with your hand.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies are pale and golden around the edges but still soft in the middle.
|Serving Size||1 cookie|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||3.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||27 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|