Baci di Dama Cookies
Enjoy this Italian dessert consisting of two hazelnut cookies sandwiched together with chocolate ganache.
Cookies (Baci di Dama)
- 100 g (⅔ cup) hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 large egg
- 100 g (½ cup) butter
- 125 g (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 100 g (½ cup) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Add the toasted hazelnuts to the Vitamix container and secure the lid. Select Variable 1, start the machine, and increase to Variable 8. Blend for 5 to 10 seconds until you have a hazelnut flour (if you blend too long, the mixture will turn into hazelnut butter). Scrape the flour from the sides of the container.
- Place all other cookie ingredients into the container with the hazelnut flour and pulse on Variable 6, using the tamper if needed, until all ingredients are well combined.
- Stop and scrape the sides of the container as needed.
- Roll dough onto a piece of plastic wrap, form into a ball, and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Make small balls about 1 teaspoon in size (3 cm) and press them slightly flat on one side, placing them on a parchment-lined baking tray.
- Bake at 325° F (160° Celsius) for 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Pipe the ganache on half of the cookies and top with the remaining halves, creating sandwich cookies.
Dark Chocolate Ganache
- 500 g (3⅓ cup) dark chocolate chips
- 360 ml (1½ cup) heavy cream
- Add chocolate chips to the Vitamix container and secure the lid. Select Variable 1, start the machine, and quickly increase speed to Variable 8.
- Chop chocolate for about 10 seconds.
- Bring the heavy cream just to a boil and allow to cool slightly. Add cream to the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1, start the machine, and increase to Variable 3, blending until all ingredients are incorporated and smooth (be careful not to over-blend and incorporate too much air). Transfer to a storage container and set aside to cool and firm up.
|Serving Size||1 cookie|
|Amount Per Servings|