Baked Hake with Summer Vegetables and Dill Oil
- 20 g (½ cup) fresh dill leaves, chopped
- 100 g (⅓ cup) grapeseed oil
- Make the dill oil the day before serving this dish. First, blanch the dill in salted water for 5 seconds and submerge in ice water.
- Squeeze out any excess water from the dill. Add the dill and grapeseed oil to the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid. Select Variable 1, start the machine and slowly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 20 to 25 seconds. Stop the machine.
- Strain the oil into a cup through a coffee filter. Allow to strain overnight in the refrigerator to drain completely.
- 8 baby carrots
- 8 baby zucchinis
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 150 g (1 cup) fresh peas
- 150 g (1 cup) broad beans
- 15 g (¼ cup) fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 10 g (¼ cup) fresh dill leaves, chopped
- 10 g (¼ cup) fresh chervil, chopped
- When ready to cook the final dish, use a mandolin or a vegetable peeler to shave the carrots and zucchini into thin ribbons. Place them in a bowl and lightly season with salt. Set aside.
- Blanch both the peas and beans in salted water until tender, and shock in ice water. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- 1 stick lemongrass, rough chopped
- 4 160 g (4 4 ounce) hake fillets
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 180 ml (¾ cup) dry white wine
- 2 Tablespoons cold butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Next, place the shallot and lemongrass on a lined baking sheet and place the fish fillets overtop. Pour the wine overtop and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the oven and keep covered in a warm place. Strain the liquid from the pan through a sieve into a small saucepan.
- Place over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Add the lemon juice, then whisk in the butter to emulsify. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drop the carrot, zucchini, peas, and beans into the sauce to heat through for 30 seconds, then gently stir in the chopped parsley, dill, and chervil. Remove from the heat.
- Divide the vegetables and sauce between serving dishes, top with fish fillet, then drizzle with dill oil to finish.
|Serving Size||1 Servings|
|Amount Per Servings|