Beet Pickled Deviled Eggs
Wow your party guests with both the beauty and flavor of these striking deviled eggs. The longer they sit in the juice, the deeper their hue. For just a blush of color and flavor, soak for only a half hour.
- dozen (1 dash) boiled eggs
- 75 ml (¾ cup) pickled beet juice
- 60 ml (¼ cup) mayonnaise
- 15 mm (1 Tablespoon) whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill fronds
- 1 garlic clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Place the egg whites in a bowl and cover with the pickled beet juice. Allow to sit for at least 30 minutes, or 2 hours for a true pickled egg white.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon zest, lemon juice, egg yolks, dill, garlic, salt, and paprika into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select the lowest setting or the Dips and Spreads program (if available). Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 1 minute; or start the machine and allow the Dips and Spreads program to complete. If needed, remove the lid plug and insert the tamper to push ingredients into the blades. Stop the machine.
- Use a spatula to remove mixture to a piping bag fitted with a small star tip.
- Carefully drain the egg whites and pat dry with a paper towel. Lay them on a tray and pipe in the filling. If desired, dice pickled beets and garnish the eggs.
|Serving Size||2 egg halves|
|Amount Per Servings|