Chocolate Peppermint Bark
Bark makes a fabulous holiday gift for all the chocolate lovers on your list. For a heartier take on this holiday favorite, just substitute chopped nuts and raisins for the candy canes.
- 225 g (1 pound) dark chocolate morsels
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 225 g (1 pound) white chocolate morsels
- 3 candy canes candy canes
- Line a sheet tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add ½ pound (225g) of the dark chocolate morsels to your Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Select the lowest setting. Start the machine and blend for 1 minute to start chopping the chocolate. Stop the machine.
- Using a spatula, thoroughly scrape chocolate from the sides and underneath the blades as it could prevent the blades from moving if stuck.
- Secure the lid and select the lowest setting. Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 1 minute. Stop the machine and scrape the sides and under the blades again.
- Secure the lid and select the lowest setting. Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 45 seconds. Remove the lid plug and slowly begin adding the remaining dark chocolate through the lid plug opening, using the tamper to press into the blades if the chocolate balls up.
- Once all the dark chocolate is added, add ¼ teaspoon of the peppermint extract and blend for 3 minutes, or until the chocolate is melted and flowing. Stop the machine.
- Use a scraper to remove chocolate to prepared sheet tray. Spread in a thin, even layer. Place in the freezer to harden.
- Clean the container and repeat the previous steps with the white chocolate and remaining peppermint extract.
- Once the white chocolate is melted, remove the dark chocolate tray from the freezer and, working quickly, spread an even layer of the white chocolate over the dark chocolate. You must work quickly because if the white chocolate sets before you have a chance to sprinkle on the candy cane pieces, they will not stick.
- Evenly sprinkle the crushed candy canes over the warm white chocolate and gently press in using a spatula.
- Place the tray in the freezer again and allow to harden for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer. Using a mallet, roughly break the chocolate into uneven pieces to look like bark. Store in an air-tight container either in the freezer or refrigerator until ready to eat.
|Serving Size||59 g (2 ounces)|
|Amount Per Servings|