Holiday Sugar Cookies
This recipe makes baking during the holidays both easy and fun! And if you’re feeling adventurous, try adding a teaspoon of your favorite extract for some flavor variation.
- 226 g (1 cup) Butter
- 220 g (1 cup plus 1 teaspoon) sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 280 g (2⅓ cup) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place butter, sugar, almond extract, and egg into your Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select the lowest setting. Start the machine, slowly increase speed to Variable 6, and blend for 20 seconds.
- Remove the lid plug and begin Pulsing as you add in half of the flour and baking soda.
- Stop the machine and scrape the container. Add the remaining flour and baking soda. Pulse 15 to 18 times on Variable 5, or until combined. If the dough becomes too thick, scrape sides again.
- Remove dough and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Roll out dough, cut into desired shapes, and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes, or until golden.
|Serving Size||22 g (12 cookie)|
|Amount Per Servings|