This makes a great side to roasted pork for the holidays. Be sure to use an apple that is meant for baking, and not eating raw.
- 900 g (2 pounds) apples
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, optional
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Core the apples, and toss with oil, cinnamon, sugar and salt.
- Place in a baking dish, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the warm apples to the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Select variable 1 and start the machine. Quickly speed up to Variable 10 and blend for 30 seconds. Stop the machine.
- Serve warm.
|Serving Size||60 ml (¼ cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|