Refried Pinto Beans
Who would have thought that refried beans could be healthy? This recipe gives you the same taste without all the added fat. Cholesterol free. Gluten free. And guilt free, too!
- 30 ml (2 Tablespoons) vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 440 g (15 ounces) canned pinto beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ other lime, juiced
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 6 and Pulse 5 to 6 times, or until the beans are roughly puréed.
- Place beans into a sauté pan over medium heat and cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
|Serving Size||150 g (½ cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|