Sweet Potato Biscuits
These fluffy biscuits make a wonderful side to any holiday feast–and are especially great when paired with honey butter. Be careful not to overwork the dough, though, else they’ll become dense. When patting, be as gentle as possible!
- 310 g (2¼ cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 113 g (½ cup) butter
- 225 g (1 cup) sweet potato
- 175 ml (¾ cup) buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place flour, salt, baking powder, and brown sugar into your Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid. Select Variable 6 and Pulse 5 to 6 times to combine. Stop the machine.
- Remove the lid and add the chilled butter and cooked sweet potato. Secure the lid and select Variable 8. Pulse 10 to 12 times, or until flour looks like wet sand.
- Remove the lid plug and continue Pulsing while drizzling in buttermilk through the lid plug opening. Continue to Pulse about 15 to 18 times, or until a dough ball forms and lifts itself off the blades.
- Remove the dough from the container to a lightly floured work surface and gently pat the dough down until it is 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick. Using a medium-sized biscuit cutter, gently cut out the biscuits.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes, or until golden brown
|Serving Size||1 biscuit|
|Amount Per Servings|