Zucchini, Tomato, and Camembert Frittata
Garden flavors come alive in this traditional egg frittata with zucchini, tomato, camembert, and a fresh basil garnish.
- ½ zucchini
- 6 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 60 ml (¼ cup) almond milk
- 1 tomato, diced
- 40 g (¼ cup) camembert, sliced
- 5 g (¼ cup) fresh basil leaves, torn
- 3 g (1 teaspoon) salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C)
- Place zucchini into the Vitamix container and add water until the zucchini floats above the blades. Select Variable 5.
- Pulse 2 to 3 times, or until desired chop is reached. Drain well and pat dry. Set aside.
- Add eggs and milk to the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 2, start the machine, and blend for 15 seconds.
- Heat a 9-inch (23-cm) sauté pan over medium-high heat and add oil.
- Add chopped zucchini to the pan and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. The frittata should start to form and have a slightly liquid top. Turn off the heat and place tomatoes and camembert on top of the egg mixture.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes. Garnish with basil, season to taste with salt and pepper, and cut slice into 8 servings.
|Serving Size||85 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|